Here are some of the stories we’ve been following this week.
- Home values in the United Kingdom rose 2.5 percent over the same time last year. The average home is now valued at £209,988.
- Residents in one Michigan township are suing General Motors, alleging that water contamination from the car company’s proving grounds damaged their properties and caused health issues.
- Developers planning a wind farm in South Dakota terminated easements with more than 120 owners after the proposed wind farm was canceled.
- A trophy apartment community in Boston recently sold for more than $144 million.
- A policy group wants the EPA to release the ingredients of the fluids used in the hydraulic fracturing process, also known as fracking.
- The Delaware River Basin Commission hopes to prohibit fracking along a watershed that provides water to Philadelphia and part of New York City.
- A 2009 oil spill off the coast of Australia is now the subject of a class action lawsuit.
- An energy council in Washington State wants the governor to reject the plans for a proposed oil train terminal in Vancouver, Washington.