The annual Global Diversity Summit (GDS) in Commercial Real Estate (CRE) is rapidly approaching, and the summit is working to increase participation among minorities by offering selected student participants free entrance and a stipend for travel.
This year’s summit takes place in Miami, Florida on October 8 and 9, and the theme is Dynamic CRE Duos. The Global Diversity Summit is in its seventh year and is a great educational conference as well as a top networking event. Greenfield staff have reviewed the Summit before.
For 3 years now, I have had the pleasure of serving on the Board of Directors for GDS. My role is to coordinate the GDS Scholars program, which identifies current Master’s degree students who are up-and-coming leaders in commercial real estate. Through an application process, my selection committee and I award a $5,000 scholarship, sponsored by Wells Fargo, to the student we feel has the best overall academic record and demonstrated interest in commercial real estate.
Along with complimentary admission to all Summit activities and the travel stipend, all GDS Scholars will have access to top real estate executives, invitations to future Global Diversity Summits, and more.
GDS Scholar Requirements
- Be enrolled in a full-time advanced education program (submit a school-provided course schedule).
- Have at least a 3.0 grade point average (submit an unofficial transcript).
- Submit a professional resume describing your work experience and achievements.
- Submit responses to the following prompts (250 words each max):
- Demonstrate an interest in commercial real estate finance, development, construction, private equity, urban planning, design, and/or sustainability.
- Discuss an experience (personal or professional) that illustrates your role in being a catalyst for positive change, in any facet, and increasing the opportunities for underrepresented communities and/or minorities.
- Discuss how you would contribute to the growth of GDS.
- Discuss any unique experiences that differentiate you from your peers (optional).
Applications are due by August 31, 2014.
To be considered as a GDS Scholar, submit your application and any questions to:
Scholars Chair, Dr. Clifford A. Lipscomb, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 289-1923