These are some of the stories we’ve been following this week.
• Norway’s sovereign wealth fund is well below its risk limit. The $940 billion fund is the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world.
• Property values in Milwaukee, Wisconsin are up from last year by 4.5 percent. Property values as a whole in the city have increased all of the last four years.
• Methane emissions in Canada are higher than originally believed, according to two new reports.
• A lawsuit filed by the U.S. Attorney’s Office alleges that a horse racing track illegally poured pollutants into a canal along the Intracoastal Waterway in Florida.
• A new device that uses nanotechnology could change how oil spills are cleaned up in the future.
• The Supreme Court of Virginia is currently listening to a case that could have significant effects on eminent domain in the state.
• Youth summer camps in Flint, Michigan were canceled because the camps were near where crews were working to remove coal tar from the Flint River.
• Creosote contamination along the Bow River in Calgary, Alberta has proven to be a tough mess to clean up.